The Club Grand Prix is open to anyone who is a fully paid up member of the Seaford Striders
The internal Club Grand Prix does include a number of Sussex Grand Prix events but also covers a variety of local runs, including Park runs and cross country. There are 16 races to choose from and participants need to complete a minimum of six races to qualify. Points will be awarded for up to 10 races. There are no conditions relating to distance . See the full Club Grand Prix rules below for more details
The qualifying races are as shown here.
The method of scoring is as follows:
- Men and women are scored separately.
- The leading Strider in each case will be awarded 20 points, with 19 points for second, 18 for third and so on down to the last Strider to finish.
- A minimum of 6 races has to be completed to achieve a valid final score. Points will be awarded to each runner for up to 10 races maximum.
- Any runner exceeding 10 races will have their best ten results counted.
- In the event of a tie, the winning score will be based on the best average score achieved.
For the 2019 results to date click here
For those who fancy a shorter distance there is also a 5K club challenge – for 2019 results click here
For 2018 results click here
Prior to this scoring, the Club Grand Prix points were taken from the Sussex Grand Prix Races – for historical results click here