We are yet to arrange any workshops and information sessions for this year due to Covid-19 restrictions, but keep checking back to this page.
Are you a local expert?
If you would like to offer a free session or information workshop for our runners, or if you think you know someone who would, whether it be about fitness, nutrition, running techniques, injury prevention or mental health.
In order to improve as a runner it is important to educate yourself and gain valuable running techniques and insights into other runners.
So we have put together a reading list below of some of the popular running books that you might find useful.
Daniels’s Running Formula – Author: Jack Daniels
Running Life – Author: Dame Kelly Holmes
The Art of Running Faster – Author: Julian Goater & Don Melvin
26 Marathons – Author: Meb Keflexighi
Finding Ultra – Author: Matt Long
Eat & Run – Author: Scott Jurek
Club Group sessions
We run weekly Wednesday Night Striders (WNS) group sessions, below is the latest information.
Details for our WNS groups Wednesday 5th May 2021
- Graham’s medium group – Meet at the Car Park at the top of Firle Road outside the Golf Club 9 – 9.5 minute mile pace, distance 6 – 7miles, occasional stops dependant on route. Route will be 7.1 miles long mostly trail. www.strava.com/routes/
2824636815117546120 – WNS 5/5/21.
- Nick’s fast group – Meet at Wave Leisure Centre Pitch Side 8 – 8.5 minute mile pace, distance 7.5 mile trail. This week will be led by Coach Jeff.
- Julie’s medium group – Meet at Richmond Road Car Park 10 minute mile pace distance 5 – 7 miles, occasional stops dependant on route. Route chosen this week by Julie.
- Victoria’s chilled group – Meet at Seaford Head School, Arundel Road 11 minute mile pace, distance 3 – 4 miles, regular stops on route.
Group leaders will keep a record of all the people in their groups so we can maintain the requirements of our Covid-19 Risk Assessment and Action Plan. Details of our Covid-19 Risk assessment are available here. Please read carefully and make sure you’re social distancing.
Seaford Striders Running Club is affiliated with England Athletics and operates under its guidance.
We hope that everyone is enjoying their return to WNS and that we continue to give all our new members a hearty welcome and in true Striders tradition remember “No one gets left behind”.
For more information or if you have any questions please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Frequently Asked Questions
- How can I become a member of Seaford Striders?
Just use the “Join Here” tab and that will take you to our membership system MemberMojo.
- Do I have to commit to running every week to be a member?
How often you choose to run with the Club is totally up to you. Some members run with us at every opportunity, others we only see at races proudly wearing their Striders shirt.
- How much is a Seaford Strider membership?
Membership costs are shown on the “Join Us” page. The annual membership costs are reviewed at our AGM, we think they are great value!
- Once I have signed up as a member, what happens next?
You will receive a warm welcome as a new member and we will do all we can to quickly make you part of our running family. Whether you are a beginner starting out on our Couch to 5k, or an experienced runner who has moved into the area, you will find running buddies with similar abilities. Your new membership will entitle you to a free Seaford Striders technical quality running shirt.
- What age range is the junior Seaford Striders membership for?
We provide a safe environment for our juniors in two separate groups 6 - 9 years and 10 - 15 years.
- Will I get discounts on races if I join as a member?
Seaford Striders is affiliated with England Athletics. Our members have the option of choosing to have personal England Athletics membership at an additional cost which will entitle them to £2 off the cost of entry to most races. Whether you choose to join England Athletics or not you will get discounts at local running related and other businesses.
- I run a local business and I'd like to sponsor Seaford Striders, what should I do?
We are so grateful to our local sponsors Their generosity enables us to provide free kit to new members and reduces the costs to our members for attending our own events. We would love to hear from any other local businesses who would like to benefit from shared promotion opportunities. Please use our “Contact Us” page and get in touch with our Chairman or Vice-Chairman.